10 Amazing Benefits of Gardening I Get Healthy While Gardening
10 Amazing Benefits of Gardening
Imagine sitting in a beautiful garden, under the gentle warmth of the sun, with the sweet smell of flowers carried by the breeze. In this moment, time seems to slow as you let go of all your worries, as you begin to find peace in natures embrace.
Avid gardeners who have created wonderful gardens around their homes know of this feeling and continue to cherish it every day. It is not without reason as scientists have found the huge benefits to gardening and having plants around us. From health benefits to increasing the value of your property, there are many benefits in creating a beautiful garden around your home. With a little bit of practice, you can soon enjoy these benefits too by creating the garden of your dreams.
Let us see the top benefits:
- Aerobic exercise: Losing weight or maintaining a regular exercise schedule has never been easier. Gardening is a form of aerobic exercise as you rake and dig the soil, move plants, and spend time watering them. At the same time, the physical activity has a grounding and meditative effect as it distracts you from thinking about daily work and tasks and bringing you back to the present moment.
- Protect your memory as you get older: Next time you are studying or working, be sure to do it around a garden or surrounded by flowering plants. Studies have found that gardening can reduce the risk of dementia by as much as 36%. It helps improve concentration as gardening has a calming effect and improves memory performance by 20%.
- Mood-boosting effects: The sight of bright colourful flowers is a joy to view. However, studies have also found that flowers can strongly induce positive mood, positive social behaviour, and improved memory. These benefits were visible in studies for as long as 3 days later. No wonder the ‘flower power’ movement of the 60’s used flowers as a symbol of nonviolence, compassion and passive resistance.
- Boost of vitamin D, strengthen your bones: Studies have found that spending time under the sun boosts vitamin D in the body. This in turn helps fight many related issues such as muscle aches, weakness, depression, and hair loss.
- Reduces stress: Gardening has been found to relieve anxiety and depression in patients according to a study. The cortisol hormone responsible for causing stress was found to be reduced after spending time gardening. It has been highly effective and has led many modern hospitals to start a planting and floral arrangement programs to help in rehabilitation from injuries, strokes and other issues.
- Lower blood pressure: “I took a walk in the forest and came out taller than the trees”- Henry David Thoreau. Several medical studies have linked gardening with reduced blood pressure and reduced risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Cooldown your property: If you are living in an urban jungle surrounded by buildings as far as the eyes can see, chances are that the summers are difficult to handle. Studies have found well-landscaped houses have temperatures 3-5 degree Celsius lower than the surrounding houses. Planting lots of greenery around your home decreases the temperature of your property as plants preserve moisture. At high temperatures plants release this moisture creating a cooling effect around the area. Save electricity costs, lower pollution and promote green living simply by gardening.
- Reduce crime: Did you know areas that have beautiful landscapes have lower crime rates? Areas with beautiful gardens are associated with a better quality of life. People are less likely to dirty beautiful areas or commit a crime according to studies.
- Increase the value of your home: A home with a beautiful garden has a big advantage over homes without gardens when it comes to the value of the property. Experts suggest that great landscaping can add more than 10% to the value of your home. So if you are thinking of selling your home for 40 lakhs, best to wait, landscape, and sell it for 45 lakhs. Create a beautiful garden to ensure buyers fall in love at first sight with your cherished home. What better way than to create your garden using the best varieties of plants available in India?
- Protect Earth: Stressed about climate change? Just start gardening. Many eco-friendly people are worried about the gradual deterioration of the Earth’s ecosystem and feel helpless. Gardening is the best way to make a stand for Earth’s ecosystem and foster a sense of responsibility amongst your local community. By starting the green movement from your home, you may spread awareness and motivate your friends and neighbours to do the same.
To get started on your gardening venture, visit our wholesale page for landscaping and indoor plants and services.
You May Also Like
- How to get your cymbidium orchids to flower again at home?
- Benefits of growing Succulents Plants
- Cymbidium Orchids: Symbolism of Elegance and Luxury
Leave a comment